|Worksheets for word problems about simple interest. Math worksheets for simple interest for middle school. The following word problems are the problems on the worksheets with answers on the second page.|
1. If an investment over nine years at a rate of $288.00 results in a final balance of $1,088.00, what was the original investment?
2. How long must $100 be invested at a rate of 4% to earn $32.00 in interest?
3. If a loan is taken out for $900 at 5% and costs $135.00, how long was the loan for?
4. You put $300 into a savings account with an interest rate of 8% which earns $144.00 over a period of time. How long was the period of time?
5. If you received $280.00 on $500 invested at a rate of 8%, for how long did you invest the principal?
6. If you put $400 in a savings account that pays 4% for six years what is the amount of money you will have at the end of the six years?
7. If you borrow $900 for four years at an interest rate of 6%, how much interest will you pay?
8. How much principal must be invested to earn $504.00 in eight years at an interest rate of 7%?
9. If you received $225.00 on $500 invested at a rate of 9%, for how long did you invest the principal?
10. What will the final balance be for $100 invested at 4% for six years?