|Basic simple interest word problems for middle grade students. These word problems have the answers on the second page. |
1. If you put money into a savings account that earns $84.00 over seven years at a rate of 3%, how much money did you put into the account?
2. How much interest is earned on a principal of $200 invested at an interest rate of 9% for eight years?
3. If an investment over eight years at a rate of $160.00 results in a final balance of $660.00, what was the original investment?
4. How much interest is earned on $300 at 6% for six years?
5. What is the interest rate if a principal of $700 earns $196.00 in interest in seven years?
6. What will the final balance be for $700 invested at 3% for three years?
7. If you borrow $500 at 5% for two years, how much will you pay back by the end of the term?
8. If you borrow $200 at 10% for seven years, how much will you pay back by the end of the term?
9. You put $700 into a savings account with an interest rate of 10% which earns $140.00 over a period of time. How long was the period of timeme?
10. If you invest $200 at an interest rate of 10%, how much money will you have after three years?