|Semicolon Worksheets For Google Apps|
|Many students and adults struggling with when to use a colon and when to use a semicolon. A colon introduces text or lists, clarifies titles and presents dialogue. A semicolon is used to clarify a series and for two closely related sentences. Have your grade 9-11 students complete this practice sheet to improve their skills. |
1. Eating healthy helps you lose weight; staying fit keeps you healthy.
2. I’ll need to do the following today: take out the trash; pay my
hydro bill; water my plants; and shop for groceries.
3. My dog hates dog food; he loves eating my dinner.
4. I hate doing math homework; I love doing art homework.
5. This summer I’m: going hiking; taking a cruise; and relaxing!
6. I don’t like orange soda; I much prefer a cola.
7. I got an A on my English assignment; I really studied hard.
8. I don’t like going to the gym; in fact, I cancelled my membership.
9. I had to use my brother’s golf clubs; I forgot my clubs at home.
10. Neither of us can speak French; we had to get a translator.