|This is a great lab for learning about rock crystals. Students will have fun wondering if they can create crystals. You will need:|
. A beaker or container
• A measuring cup
• 1/2 cup of really hot water
• 1/2 cup of Epsom salts
• Optional: food coloring
Predict what you think will happen with this mixture over time.
2. Mix the hot water and the Epsom salts. (add a few drops of food coloring)
3. Put the mixture into the refrigerator.
4. Check on the mixture every few hours.
5. (Pour off remaining mixture once you have results)
Provide 3 statements about what you learned from doing the inquiry.