|This sheet will help students self-assess where they need more work on their language skills. Do they know parts of speech? Do they know the difference between a proverb and a hyperbole?|
Easily confused words:
1. I was completely out of breathe/breath after running the seven mile
2. My grandfather emigrated/immigrated from Africa over 50 years ago.
Correct the sentence:
1. sympathy is a feeling of sorrow for someone elses suffering?
2. you sleep very soundly you do not wake up very easily.
3. If hes said hed be there than I am sure he will be.
Parts of Speech Find the pronouns:
1. We heard you were coming to help us with the project.
2. I’m disappointed you asked us to leave.
Hyperbole or Proverb:
1. I’ve told you to clean your room a million times.
2. Actions speak louder than words.
Correct Spelling is:
1. maintenance or maintainance
2. lightning or lightening
True or False:
1. The word anticipate means to expect something or sense something before it actually happens.
2. A clause is a group of words containing a subject but no verb.