|Use this printable as a tool to quiz your students on language areas like easily confused words and punctuation. A free answer sheet is attached. |
Easily confused words:
1. Your blue sweater really complements/compliments your blue eyes.
2. Gambling is a sure way to lose/loose your money.
3. Did you see the latest addition/edition of our school newspaper?
Correct the sentence:
1. jill plays three instruments guitar flute and saxophone
2. Their is only won issue I am working that day.
3. I have a dental appointment at 1000 in the morning.
Parts of Speech: Find the prepositions
1. The book on the table.
2. The hook behind the door.
Similes or Proverb:
1. Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.
2. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Correct Spelling is:
1. quarantene or quarantine
2. occasion or occassion
True or False:
1. A comma is a punctuation mark that means to pause.
2. Commas should never be used to separate independent clauses.
All worksheets are created by experienced and qualified teachers. Send your suggestions or comments.