|This resource is for language in 7th, 8th and 9th grade classes. It is a free printable for teachers and homeschoolers.|
Easily confused words:
1. Pedals, gears and handlebars are all discrete/discreet parts of a bike.
2. Her glasses served a dual/duel purpose, they help her to see better
and they transition to filter out the sun’s rays.
Correct the sentence:
1. stan has many fish in his new aquarium
2. i had to work an eleven-hour shift at the restaurant yesterday
Parts of Speech Find the prepositions in the sentences:
1. Between you and I, I think Ben will win this one.
2. My dental appointment is at 3:00 PM
3. I always wash my hair in the morning.
Personification or Hyperbole :
1. Their news of engagement took me by surprise.
2. Her grin was a mile wide.
1. immitate / imitate
2. calendar / calender
True or False:
1. Each paragraph needs to express a complete thought or idea.
2. Canada, Joe, Town Council are all examples of collective nouns. (proper nouns)
All worksheets are created by experienced and qualified teachers. Send your suggestions or comments.