|This teachable is suitable for your 9th graders. Do an assessment on some language skills. |
Easily confused words:
1. I need to find somebody to alter/altar my new uniform, as it’s too big.
2. I need to apprise/appraise the staff of the new policies coming
into effect on Monday.
Correct the sentence:
1. Twenty-one and one-half hours after take off we landed in sydney Australia
2. robert E. Lee led the Confederate army in the civil War
Parts of Speech Find the abstract noun:
1. The truth of the matter is, I don’t trust you.
2. I really like your idea better than mine.
Simile or Personification:
1. She’s as happy as a lark.
2. You bedroom is as clean as a whistle.
1. acknowlege / acknowledge
2. amateur / amatuer
True or False:
1. A complement is the word or words that complete the meaning of a verb.
2. Chose is the past tense of the verb choose.