|Do your student get confused with words like passed and past? Give them practice on their skills on personification/hyperbole and punctuation. |
Easily confused words:
1. We all walked passed/past that snake on the sidewalk without
2. Please raise/rise your hand before speaking out.
Correct the sentence:
1. I was born in Dallas Texas
2. Today many of the staff have called in sick
Parts of Speech: What is the prepositional phrase:
1. He put the books on the table.
2. She put the dog in the dog house.
Personification or Hyperbole:
1. I’m so tired, I could sleep for a year!
2. The wind howled loudly all night long.
1. awful /awfull
2. annually / anually
True or False:
1. Its is a contraction for it is. (its is a personal pronoun, it’s is the contraction for it is.)
2. A prefix is a letter or group of letters added to the beginning of a word.