|Assign this to your eighth graders to give them practice with confused words, punctuation and parts of speech. A great way to test their language skills. |
Easily confused words:
1. You live much farther/further away from me than I thought.
2. People would be healthier if they ate less/fewer fats in their diets.
Correct the sentence:
1. Steves father who is in his eighties jogs every day
2. She gave me her phone number which i wrote down on a piece of paper
Parts of Speech Find the nouns:
1. Home is where the heart is.
2. Will you buy a Honda or a Kia?
3. Put the newspaper in the basket.
Simile or Metaphor:
1. Our classroom is as busy as a beehive today.
2. He is as slow as a snail.
1. agressive / aggressive
2. acquaintenance / acquaintance
True or False:
1. A suffix is a letter or group of letters added to the beginning of a word. (suffixes are added to the end of a word.
2. Confess is a synonym for admit.
All worksheets are created by experienced and qualified teachers. Send your suggestions or comments.