|Use this language quiz with your 7th, 8th and 9th classes. They will practice confused words, parts of speech and idioms. |
Easily confused words:
1. I watched the balloon’s ascent/assent drift into the sky.
2. The children have awoken/awaken.
Correct the sentence:
1. Many many years ago far more people were alliterate only a few
individuals could read fluently
2. There was over 100 people at the rally this week but only a few showed up last week
Parts of Speech Find the predicates in the sentences:
1. My friend Sam will play in our golf tournament.
2. Our company arrived late today.
Idiom or Personification:
1. I am ready for the exam, I burned the midnight oil last night.
2. I am flat broke!
The fire swallowed the entire forest.
1. controversy / contraversy
2. foreign / foriegn
True or False:
1. She will speak is an example of using the present tense.
2. The first word in the closing of a letter should have capitals.
All worksheets are created by experienced and qualified teachers. Send your suggestions or comments.