|From You to I For Google Apps|
|Negotiating is when we have a discussion with someone to come up with a compromise. Negotiation skills are essential to be successful in life. It is important to stay calm and not blame the other person. Your statements should begin with I rather than you. You tripped me on purpose, you idiot! Change it to.. I am upset you trip me, did you do it on purpose? This helps keep you calm and does not provoke the other person and cause them to get defensive. Therefore leading to negotiation. Practice on the following sentences. Begin the sentence with I rather than you.|
1. Get out of the way, you know I was here first!
2. You are a pain, stop copying my work.
3. You don’t make any sense, why do you mumble all the time anyways?
4. You aren’t joining us at recess because you always cheat!
5. You always annoy me, quit following me around.